Sunday, July 26, 2009

Guest Post - Ooey, Gooey Bars



I know I just posted a recipe called "Ooey, Gooey Brownies," but I'll admit to a little recipe name pilfering. Truth be told, I stole the name for those brownies from this dessert. These are the original Ooey, Gooey cake squares. By now all of you readers know that I am in Berlin, Germany, where I find myself swept up in all sorts of activities (not the least of which is eating a lot of tasty treats). As such, my family is helping me keep up the blog during my stay here. Today I introduce you to Chelsea, my lovely sister - who has a blog of her own, which you should all check out - the writer for The MuffinTin Post's very first guest blog! Chelsea presents one of her favorite desserts, an easy one to whip up for last-minute guests.

From here on out, Chelsea's takin' the reins.


"I love not only making but also eating Ooey Gooey Bars! These are a great dessert for any occasion and definitely a huge hit when I take them places! These are GREAT with a glass of milk and even with fruit like strawberries or blueberries on top! I you love them as much as I do.

Here is what to do:

1 package yellow cake mix
1/4 cup butter
1 egg

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 in. cake pan. Mix together melted butter, cake mix, and egg. Spread into the pan.

1 lb. powdered sugar
2 eggs
8 oz. cream cheese

Beat sugar, eggs, and cream cheese together. Spread the mixture over the cake mix, creating two layers.


Bake for 30-40 minutes. You don't want to bake the bars until the are totally dried out. Bake the top layer just enough that it becomes glazed. You'll want the top layer to be ooey and gooey. Let the bars cool for about 15 minutes before cutting them to serve.


Try not to eat the whole pan yourself . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment